what to make for a group of 3 year olds for a childs birthday at school

what to make ti send to school for a three year olds birthday?? any ideas let me know plz

mamaboo0607

Asked by mamaboo0607 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• From my experience, the best thing to send is cookies. I have made cakes and/or cupcakes and the only thing that they will eat is the icing. I recently sent M&M ice cream cookies for my son's 4th Birthday party at school and they were a hit.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I don't know where you are at, but some school districts will not allow homemade items to be brought and shared. Food safety issues and all that.
    Anyway, they have cupcake cakes that are really cute at the grocery store bakeries and they aren't that expensive.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Also check with the school to see if they have any food restrictions (peanuts, chocolate - common allergens). Our preschool provides parents a list of foods okay to bring in and foods not okay to bring in - doesn't matter if homemade or not. One of the things that's really popular at our school is boxed cupcake mixes because the kids get to help make and decorate - so they get to be involved. If the kids aren't going to be making something, then there's stuff like fruit salad or jello cups?
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Everyone always brings cupcakes at our school - they are always a huge hit, the birthday child loves to stand at the door and hand them out as they leave school.

We have allergies though so the parent has to be careful when bringing something in that it isn't peanut 'contaminated' as 2 kids are very allergic.
    cabyrum

Answer by cabyrum at 1:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2009