Anyone w/child w/lesion on a bone?

Long story but 13 y/o daughter has a lesion on her tibia. ER dr says that 95% of these are benign, but hers is in an unusual location. She needs to get an MRI or CT done. I would really like to find other moms whose kids have something like this that is benign. Cause I'm terrified of the 5% that aren't. And it will probably be a month before we can get the test done and get results.

mommy22miracles

Asked by mommy22miracles at 9:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• my 2nd DD had an osteoid osteoma--a benign bone tumor. it is a tiny little blip on her xray. we found it looking for a reason why she has severe leg pain. they did a bone scan to rule out cancer and it came back negative. hers was on her tibia, too.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My DD does not have a bone tumor but I do. Mine is also on my tibia. Its on my left leg, below my knee, more towards the outer portion of my leg. I have had an MRI, CT, and bone scan done.The tumor is 5cm. Have they said how big your DD's is? Also, have they ruled out that it could be a cyst? I went to an orthopedic oncologist on Wednesday and am now having the tumor biopsied and possibly removed. They will only remove it if it is benign not if it is malignant, it is a different procedure if it is cancerous. My oncologist does not think it is cancerous but still needs to do a biopsy to be sure.

Is your DD in any pain? Mine is painful, I am strictly non weight bearing on crutches because the tumor has weakened my bone so much. I feel so bad your DD is going through this! My thoughts are with you! It may make you feel better that my orthopedic oncologist assured me that most bone tumors are benign.

CallieLynsMommy

Answer by CallieLynsMommy at 7:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009