what to do with my 8 month old

so my dd is pretty self suffent and likes to play on her own but i dont feel like im spending enough times with her one on one.i read to her at night as part of her bedtime routine and we do play time with this awesome ball with beans in it so she has playtime before bed and we relax and whatnot so we get that time.during the day i talk to her tickles, make her laugh all that but im not sure what more i can do.shes very activ and very tlkitive already saying 2 words trying to say more and im not sure what more i can do any advice would be great.btw im a single mom so its just us.

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is almost a year old and has been the same since she was 3 months old and sat up on her own. She is the same way, walks around all day doing her own thing. Talking her head off and all that. Sometimes I get down to play with her and she will play with me for a minute or two then go back to what she was doing. It used to really upset me and make me feel like a bad parent because I didn't play with her all the time.
    She is now 11 mos. old and walking, talking, and can do so many things by herself already. Everyone I have talked to about this and everything I have ready about it says that the brightest babies are usually very independent. She lets me know when she wants some 'mommy time'.
    So my best advice to you is to just relax and keep doing what you are doing. It sounds like you have a very intelligent little girl on your hands. And keep your eyes and ears open for those times when she wants you all to herself. Enjoy those moments always.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I would not worry. It sounds like you are doing a great job and that you are spending lots of time with her. If you are looking for something new at my house we played the Bug Game. We have tickle bugs, kisser bugs, hug bugs and pincher bugs. When they were babies we used to playing while changing their diapers. As they were laying on the floor I would say "watch out for the bugs!" Then I would say "Oh Know here comes the tickle bug and then I would tickle them.

Hope this help.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Sounds like you are a wonderful Mommy. If she is happily playing, she is getting enough mental and emotional stimulation. Just keep talking to her. Reading her stories, I used to include my kids in everything I did by just talking to them... going for walks is nice, letting her feel different textures, smells, colors, tastes.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2008