After a shot to stop contractions...

Can contractions start back up the same day and get regular again? I am still getting the contractions. This morning when given shot I was getting contractions every 2 min, with them getting stronger and stronger. My OB told nurse over phone to give me the shot, nurse came in and just stuck it in my leg. I am so PO'd. I was wondering if things can start back up and have this baby today.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got a shot in my shoulder when I started having contractions during my 7 month mark. They didnt come back...Call and ask your doctor what the hold up is.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 10:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If they are coming back stronger and more frequent then I would deffintly go to the hospital as soon as you can. Get them to monitor you and see what is going on.
    I went into labor 5 times with my first and 4 times with my second. So it can be stopped, until they are term. Good luck I hope everything turns out okay :)
    broken0image

Answer by broken0image at 11:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009