WHAT SHOULD I DO HELP!!!

I have a 7 month old son! He's VERY difficult to get to sleep. He never want's to go to his crib for his nap's...he cry's for up to 20 mins some times. I do go in every few mins because he stand's up in his crib, drop's his suckie over the side, and I have to get it, rinse it and put it back in his mouth and lay him down again. This cycle repeat's up to 6-7 times most naps. I can't take it anymore!!! It's such a stressful challenge to get him to sleep..but he's tired, cause he rub's his eye's and whines for a while before I put him to sleep. Any suggestions how to get him to sleep better, WITHOUT rocking, patting etc..we're trying to get him to learn how to go to sleep on his own!! OH and he does have a white noise machine that we turn on as well...so music isn't an option.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he's dropping his paci several times a night, it could be he's looking for you to come in and "rescue" him and put him back down to bed. Get one of those clippy things and attach it to his shirt.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Let him cry it out. Although it's hard to listen to him and you want to just get him down, it's good for them to cry it out and self comfort. You're on the right track with avoiding the patting and such. Another thing to try is, feed him right before his nap. He might be a bit hungry too. But crying himself to sleep won't hurt him at all.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Thanks, I guess the real challenge is the soother, he drops it over the side, every time he stands up..and I don't think he's going to go to sleep without it, he's obsessed with the stupid thing!! I CAN'T try taking it away, I'd hate to see what he'd be like if I didn't give him it at nap's and night...he doesn't get it during the day though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i didn't know if I should put that on at night, he tends to sleep on his tummy and his back..I just figured it'd be pretty uncomfortable if he flips over and lay's on it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think it might help to take the paci and let him CIO. he will learn to sooth himself it just takes time and patience on your part. i think it will be harder on you than him!
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• try something called the Magic Sleepsuit. It helps sooth the baby and helps teach him to go to sleep on his own of fall back asleep if woken. Creator was just awarded Featured Mom on www.mominventors.com.
    Anonymous

• our apartment is WAY too warm with no control over the heat setting's, I just think the sleep suit would be too warm for him. But thanks for the suggestion!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2009