6 weeks pregnant and hcg levels not rising very well!? Please help!!

Okay, I'm about 6 weeks pregnant give or take a few days and my doctor drew my beta hcg on monday. It was 1463, she had me redraw on Wednesday because she said that was kind of low and Wednesdays was only around 1700 (went up about 300) and as some of you know hcg levels should be doubling every two to three days. Am I going to miscarry? Has anyone had something like this andl had the pregnancy turn out ok??? Please Help!!!!

averysmomm

Asked by averysmomm at 9:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 5 weeks and my hcg was only 400. I did miscarry but I think your fine on the hcg. I have known many people that have had VERY low hcg levels and have a beautiful baby!!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• When I was 5wks and 5 days pg with my twins my levels were 66 and in three days they were only like 107 or something like that. I never miscarried, my twins are now 17 months. I think your levels look good myslef and I would try not to worry too much unless you start bleeding.
    brebear

Answer by brebear at 9:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think that first number is not low at all for 6 weeks preg. The fact that it did not double though is a little worrisome. I would have it drawn again today and see if it has doubled. Also, when I was having mine drawn every other day, they always wanted to draw it about the same time of day each time. Did you have it drawn earlier on Wed than you had it drawn on Mon or was it a full 48 hours? I have known people to have slow doubling HCG and have a good pregnancy so anything is possible, but I would keep an eye on it just in case. Also, at 6 weeks you should be able to have an ultrasound and maybe even see a heartbeat if everything is going ok.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• As long as they're going up and within normal range, you're fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am trying to remember what time i was in on monday, but no i'm sure it was a few hours earlier on wednesday. They drew the levels again today, but I won't know anything til monday. They're doing an ultrasound on Monday. I should have more information after the ultrasound. I guess my Dr. said because my progesterone levels were really good that she's pretty confident it should be ok. The other odd thing is that my uterus was measuring closer to 8 or so weeks at 5 weeks and she was thinking twins, but with the slow rising hcg that seems unlikely. I guess if I have any cramping or spotting I'm going to go straight to the ER, but for now I'm going to try not to worry.
    averysmomm

Answer by averysmomm at 11:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009