I am engaged to someone who is in prison is that a bad thing because my family seems to think so but I don't????

inlove24seven

Asked by inlove24seven at 10:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I think it depends on why he is in prison....is he going to be getting out any time soon???
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 11:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yeah, i see why your parents are upset.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I understand why your family is upset, but you have to follow your heart. Is he willing to change? And I mean not just SAY he is going to, but really NOT do ANYTHING that will put him in prison again. Sometimes it's just not worth it. If you don't think he's going to give up his criminal ways, you'd be better off to move on.....
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• not necessarily. every situation is different. Only you know the answer to that.
    Anonymous

• idk my sis married a man while he was awaiting trial and then he got 70 years. know she is geting a devorse but ur situation might not turn out the same way
    Anonymous

• I would not like this for my girls and they are very young. Why is he in prison, how will he help prvide a home and contribute to your family, and will he likely end up in prison again, once he is out? It seems you are picking a very hard road to travel. Were you together before he went in, or is this something that happned after with letter writing? The best predictor of future behavior is that of the past so beware!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• If it walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, it might be a duck, there is a good chance it is a duck. Trust your family this time around and take a break to get more objective. If you can't trust your family, find an objective counselor, who will have your best interest at heart.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• You never said WHY he was in prison. He must have done something illegal to get there! Do you want that for your children? Think about it...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• you know what i think many people are going to have many opinions as for me ..follow your heart..granted they say parents know best.. the truth in the matter is YOU AND ONLY YOU knows what best ..honey i support you all the way..if you find out it was a mistake it will only make you wiser..and for anyone that doesnt agree ...YOU CANT HELP WHO YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH..im sure we all had some real doosies..through out are lives..well good luck along the way
    dantemommy

Answer by dantemommy at 8:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I honestly dont see the point in being engaged or married to someone who is in prison.... A: that is a waste of money seeings you'd not see them but once or twice a month... B: ....wait... once or twice a month hmmm.. maybe not such a bad idea after all lmao.. no i'm j/p... no but for real.. i really dont see why someone would want to.. i think its silly... its not a relashonship...
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 8:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2008