The government recently calculated the cost of raising a child from birth to 18 and came up with $160,140.00 for a middle income family. Talk about price shock! That doesn't even touch college tuition.
But $160,140.00 isn't so bad if you break it down. It translates into:
* $8,896.66 a year,
* $741.38 a month, or
* $171.08 a week.
* That's a mere $24.24 a day!
* Just over a dollar an hour.
Still, you might think the best financial advice is don't have children if you want to be 'rich.' Actually, it is just the opposite.
What do you get for your $160,140.00?
* Naming rights. First, middle, and last!
* Glimpses of God every day.
* Giggles under the covers every night.
* More love than your heart can hold.
* Butterfly kisses and Velcro hugs.
* Endless wonder over rocks, ants, clouds, and warm cookies.
Answer by connorsmom22607 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2009
Answer by CarieP at 9:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009
Answer by HayleyGM at 10:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2009
Answer by caitxrawks at 10:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009
Answer by epoh at 10:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2009
Answer by kabbot01 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2009
i have the complete email so if you want to read it all, email me Donnabuzybee324@aol.com It apparently didn't allow me to paste it all. It is good, not nasty or obscene so I have no clue.
Answer by donnabuzybee at 11:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009