need suggestions on mother daughter songs

i am making my daughter who is 2 and 1/2 yrs old i just gave her up for adoption to my aunt and uncle on december 31st 2008 and i wanted to make her a dvd with pics of us and music and my voice explaining some things. i am looking for ideas on songs for mothers and daughters that would help her understand more about what happened and why i gave her up for adoption. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. also i am trying to figure out how to make a dvd with all these things on it does anyone know how to make a dvd like that? what kinda dvd do i need to purchase for this? also i have windows vista so any suggestions on how to make a dvd using this program would be greatly appreciated.

katelynsmom06

Asked by katelynsmom06 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Adoption

• Shes somebodys hero-Jessica Andrews My mom bought me that CD when it came out and told me it reminded her of us.
    Can I please be nibby and ask why you had to give her up? I have a sister in law that gave her daughter up also at a very very young age,and I was just curious if there was a reason. My SIL did it so skhe could keep her BF that molested her daughter. If you dont mind that I ask, if so Im sorry I ask. Have a good day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i had to give her up cause i'm on disability and i can barely support myself on what i get and i figured she would be better off with my aunt and uncle they can't have kids of their own and they love her alot plus i get to see her when i evr i want to so i am happy about my decision but i am still depressed that i can't raise her myself.
    katelynsmom06

Answer by katelynsmom06 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• In My Daughter's Eyes - a country song that is played quite often. I think it is beautiful and certainly is so very touching. I just can't think of the artist. Very pretty, blond hair, married to another country singer. Damn. Brain fart. Sorry.
    In the Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics: while not "mother daughter" it has some great lines about when this baby was born and knowing and feeling the spirit of his family was with him. Reminds me of my own situation so it may not be appropriate for you. I cry every time I hear it. Also go over to Adoptive Family Magazine and post your question. They will have a ton of ideas if not some already posted.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Hiii! I think it's awesome that you're making her a DVD. You're going to need to purchase a blank DVD-R from the store, you can find those at any Best Buy, Wallgreens, most local pharmacies and grocery stores even carry them. Next, since you have Windows Vista, you're going to need to make this movie in a program that most likely came with your computer called "Movie Maker". You will upload pictures, and or video clips if you have any, to the program and you can set them to play to music or your voice (or both!). To get your voice on the computer you're going to need to use a microphone that's either built in your computer, or you may have to purchase one. It's not very hard to do, if you have any other questions let me know. The program should have a tutorial mode to teach you how to do things :) As for a song suggestion, I'll get back to you!
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• um. . . I like "She's somebody's hero" also But I thought it was Jamie O'Neal. I also like "you can't lose me" by Faith Hill. I played that song about a million times when I gave my daughter up.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Faith Hill...that's it. In My Daughter's Eyes by Faith Hill. She has some good sappy ones.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Actually, it's In my Daughters Eyes by Martina McBride.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sorry, I don't know country all that well. One singer sounds like the rest to me. Not a nice thing to say I'm sure. But I admit I'm not too much of a fan of country. Still - a good song.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Erin O' Donnell sings a song called "Hold on to Jesus" that's really pretty. And Mark harris sings a song that brings tears to my eyes every time i hear it... "Find Your wings"
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• The song "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride is beautiful! I am not a country fan myself, but this song is not country-sounding. It is a very beautiful, touching song. I have it in my playlist on my profile page if you want to listen to it!
    Sherry543

Answer by Sherry543 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2009