I got a ring stuck on my finger... lol

Ok so I took all my rings off when I was pregnant ... now -8 months later - I saw them in my jewelry box and decided to put them back on... Apparently my fingers are still bigger than they were over a year ago... They went on easy enough, but now I really can't get one off. Last night I tried very hard - I lathered it up in soap and pulled HARD. Then I tried with lotion...Nothing. What time of the day are your fingers skinniest? They are biggest in the morning right ? What can I do short of getting it cut off? And, if worst comes to worst and I NEED to cut it off, do I have to go to the Dr or something ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Make sure your hands aren't sweaty. Put them in a bowl of cold (ice) water for a couple of minutes. Put butter or spray pam on the finger with the ring on. Use a dry towel with your other hand, and you should be able to slide it off. Relax - getting upset will raise your blood pressure, increasing the swelling in your hands/fingers.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Run your hands under cold water and keep your hands above the level of your heat. It will help make your hands smaller, then get some vaseline. If you don't have any you can also use something like vegtable oil.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I had to get a ring cut off one time, and you just got to a place that resizes rings and they can cut if off for you and than resize it also so you can wear it again. But I wasn't sure if you were still pregant because if you were keep it one till you have your lil one and than maybe than it will come off. Good luck!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• lol...I agree with the PPs...the metal actually expands when it is cold, so that is your best bet...probably why they went on good too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• ive heard that the amonia in glass cleaner will shrink skin cells just enough to get that tough ring off
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I don't have an answer for you but make sure you close the drain before you put your hand under cold water... I lost a ring that way once!
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Try the cold water "shrinkage" method as suggested above. If it works on men then it can't hurt to try it on your fingers, right? LOL.
    My husband had to cut my wedding band off my finger with his bolt cutters when I was on some medications that made me swell up. I saved it, of course, but mourned that I couldn't wear it. A couple years later we took it to Kay's Jewelers for the heck of it and we were quoted $95 for them to clean the cut edges and place a plain piece of gold band to bridge the gap so it became one ring again. We got it done and I am so pleased to be able to wear my ring.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2009