Why would he??

Me and my babies father are no longer together. Its been about a week and a half and he hasn't even called or made any contact to see how the baby is doing. BUT he is fighting for custody...why would he do that?????? Do you think its just to hurt me? Why would he want custody when he hasn't even called to see how our baby girl is doing??? Or better yet, why isn't he calling? He could even be calling my parents to ask, he knows we are staying there??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Often when a father sues for custody it is because they don't want to pay child support.
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 10:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sounds like he's just trying to get to you. Little advise from experience-since he is making no attempt to contact you keep track of that to have on your side when you go to court.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• He's just trying to get under your skin.

My advice is to keep a detailed journal of his contact (or lack thereof) & to record any conversations with him (on the phone or in person).

Unless you're some drug addict or shacked up with an axe murderer or something, he's NOT going to get custody ~~~ but if he's going to be an *ss, you want all the evidence of that to take into court with you.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• He just want you to suffer. Who broke it off you or him?

Answer by louise2 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Many men know that no news is good news and that if anything were wrong you or your parents would call him. He knows you and your child are fine. He has only been gone 1 1/2 weeks and he IS filing for custody (already filed) or he TALKED about filing for custody. BIG DIFFERENCE. Men always say they will do things to upset the w when they decide to leave. It's something just to keep you focused on something unnecessary. Women are emotional creatures. It will keep you upset if you let it. I doubt very seriously if he files and if so, doubt he gets full custody so remain calm. Your emotions are felt by your child and that's just wrong. It's not worth upsetting the baby over speculation of what might happen in life.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• OP here...he has filed already, after I did though. And it was basically a mutual break up for the most part. Its just a really ugly situation, and alot to explain on here. And yes your right admckenzie, the baby can feel the emotion and I have stayed strong around her, and been very good about it :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Surprising that he actually went thru with filing. Most men won't spend the money or the time to do that as long as the woman will let him see the child and it's shocking too he'd do that when you've only been split up for that short amount of time so I'd take him serious and watch your p's and q's to make sure he's got nothing to use against you. Unless the Mom is unfit the judge is more likely to give custody to the Mom unless she can't take care of the child and the Dad can and they do have to think of the welfare of the child. Good Luck to you
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• KEEP TRACK OF EVERYTHING! That is probably one of the most important things. I went through the same thing with my BD. Be prepared for anything too. If he's really set on getting custody, he can pretty much make accusations about whatever.( i.e. drugs in the house, child neglect)
    I wish you all the luck with this. I agree with lisa, it's posiible, but extremely unlikely for the father to be granted custody. My BD had a really expensive attorney, I had to represent myself and had never been to court before or knew anything about the court system. He sees her a couple times a week.
    Anonymous

• write this all down in a notebook and take it to court with the custody case this will not go in his favor, another reason to write it all down is he could turn around and say he tried calling and you didnt answer, write down everytime he calls that you dont get a chance to answer it and what time you called him back
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i agree with everyone, write things down! does he have a job? do you? im not sure how old your daughter is but if youre breastfeeding they will not take her away from you
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009