I am really scared... can someone help

I am 7 weeks along and I just had sex yesterday, and I had a couple drops of blood afterwards TMI (I know)... Then I also had uterine contractions?? Now today I am very dizzy and my heart has been racing... any ideas on what could've happened?? Does this mean I am in an early stage of a MC? I already called my OB's office, but my first appointment isn't until the 28th of January... I'm waiting for a nurse to call me back... I'm going crazy just thinking I might be going through another MC.... Please don't bash on me.. Im just very scared...

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sex always made me have contractions when I was pregnant, and it scared me every time! But luckily nothing bad happened... You might want to ask if intercourse is safe for you, since you've had a miscarriage before? I'm so sorry. I know you're scared! *HUGS!*
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm sorry, I don't know...were they drops of blood or spotting?? If it was a light pinkish color that is normal, but I'm not sure about the uterine contractions...The dizziness and heart racing could be anxiety from worrying...the best thing to do is just wait for professional opinion. God bless...
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It could be a mc. are you still bleeding or having cramps?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No, im not bleeding anymore, or having cramps.. I just know that with my first pregnancy I never bled after having sex, and my uterus never contracted this early in my pregnancy either.. The blood was 2 dots, and it was pink in color...
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I bet you that the spotting and contractions are from the sex you had. Spotting after sex is very common in pregnancy because there is so much blood flowing to your cervix and any little irritation can cause spotting. Your racing heart may just be from the pregnancy. I had that happen a couple of times when I was pregnant. Make sure you tell your doctor though. A lot of women experience dizziness during pregnancy also. If you are really worried and the cramping and bleeding get worse, go to the ER.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Thanks everyone! My nurse just called me back and told me that everything is completely normal. She also reassured me that it didn't sound like a MC!!! She said that if I have severe cramping and a lot of blood to go to the ER. But luckily this was just a scare! Thank you very much for all of your answers!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• When I was 3 months pregnant, my husband and I had sex and afterward, I bled also. It wasnt a ton of blood, but enough to get scared. It was just the the soft tissue in my vagina, that can tear a little. My husband would not touch me for 6 months after that........lol
    DD927

Answer by DD927 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009