How Do You Advertise To Busy SAHM or WM These Days When Nobody Reads The Papers or Watches Commercials?

I own a struggling small business that has a retail location and a web store and I am going to go out of business if I do not sell my inventory NOW. I am desperate. The store is great and I have been posting my website all over these forums hoping to get a retail bail out. I'm a single mom with 2 kids, I gave this business my all. I have thought out side the box in regards to advertising and I can't seem to get it going. Please help. www.kinderschuheonline.com coupon code: tWfF09 20%OFF

Kimmyd73

Asked by Kimmyd73 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I think it's hard to buy shoes for kids online. They really need to try them on. That being said, I have bought from Zappos.com because they offer free shipping to me and also free shipping to return the shoes if they don't fit. To me, this is a no risk buy. Plus, I was looking for tap shoes which sell out quickly in my area when the local dance programs start. So there was a real need to go online for the product.

Also, if you really need to get rid of the inventory you may try offering more than 20% off. As a shopper, I don't see 20% of as a great deal. It's an ok deal but not a great one. Or perhaps offer buy one pair get one at 50% off.

I hope you are able to make the sales. Good luck.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 10:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• What do you sell online? I'm not sure that you sell shoes or not? I, myself like to shop online, I am disabled and going shopping is an unbearable job for me to get out. I agree with your first post, you have to offer customers more than a percentage off to get the sales. I had a second hand store until I became disabled. Good luck. pommom335
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2009