What was/is in your opinion the most painful part of labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When they say "Don't push!". I hated that!!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• The shot in my back. That hurt like hell bc I had a really bad contraction the entire time and couldnt move.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 10:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• The Dr. checking me. My son was rotated wrong & part of my cervix didn't dilate right.... so my current OB/GYN & I have figured out if he was trying to rotate the baby himself in the birth canal or trying to force my cervic around his big head ---- but he'd wait til I had a contraction, shove half his arm up in there & tell me to push.

It was really bad. If someone told me today that I had to go through that again, I'd shoot myself.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Having the epidural put in.

I'm a wimp.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Did you guys actually feel the epidural? Or just knowing it was going in make you feel gross? Cause I didn't feel mine go in..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Labor was a breeze. It was not being able to fit back into my regular sweat pants afterwards that was really painful. ;)
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 10:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Them reaching in and yanking out my placenta was the absolute worst. anyone else noticing that all the responses have been caused by the doctor....
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It was the shots they gave before stictching me up. I went too fast to have the epi so was all natrual up to that point and OMG! That was the absolute worst feeling in the world. It hurt sooooo bad!
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I had a totally intervention free birth with my son at home, no "checking", no making me sit up for epidurals, nothing. The hardest part was the 45 minute transition. It was about a 10 hour labor. Transition was hard because the contractions seemed to be one right on top of the other. It was hard to hold it together because i didn't feel like I could rest in between. I had a great doula that was able to keep me focused and help me maintain my mental control. When she got me to see that it was ok to let it hurt and not to be afraid of the pain, it wouldn't "kill" me, I had an easier time.

Are you planning a natural birth, meaning no pain meds? (not necessarily a home birth like I did) I would really reccomend a doula if that is your goal. They really help you and encourage you when you feel like you just can't do it anymore. It helped me so much that I am in the process of training to be a doula now.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• WAITING to see the baby ! Labor was nothing for me ! I would go through with it again in a heartbeat !
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009