Potty training, diaper/ pull up at night?

while traing your child to use the potty do u put diapers on them at night?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 3:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For mine, I worked on daytime first. Once she got that down, then I started in on night-time training. Instead of pull-ups or trainers, I had taken the tri-fold cloth diapers and folded them into a long 'pad' for her to insert into her panties. That way she could feel when she was wet, but not get her bed soaked. I later found a padded underwear called 'potty patties' and that did the trick. My daughter, for some strange reason, loved them and made an effort to not "pee on potty patty!" I only needed one pair and we had maybe 4 accidents in the 1 year she's been pretty much potty trained day and night.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 3:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• I did pull-ups for my son but he was a incredibly easy learner he practically taught himself.
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 4:26 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• I put pull ups on my girls at night until they were going really good on their own during the day.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• Nighttime is a completely different issue than daytime. Until a child's body starts producing the hormone that slows urine production overnight (which can happen as late as 11 in some kids) night training won't work. Watch for pretty consistently dry pull-ups in the morning; this is a sign that your child's body is ready for night training.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• Yes. Use pull ups at night until they wake up dry for a week. Then take them away. It could be years.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• Yes, it varies all over the place when a child will be dry at night. Each child is different. Use pullups until they are dry in the morning for at least a week
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• We used pull-ups at night. Night-time "training" is not necessarily linked to day-time training. There are individuals who are simply not physically capable of staying dry all night until they are school aged. A child that is completely out of diapers during the day may simply lag in doing so at night based on nothing more than an immature nervous system and/or renal system.

Both my kids were out of diapers during the day but wearing pull-ups at night for several months. Some of their peers went even longer. Some were out sooner. we explained that these were just special night time pull-ups just in case. When they were consistently waking up dry in the morning and we had completely used up the current pack of pull-ups we went on to underwear at night.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2011

• WIth my daughter we just put her in pull ups if you switch it can confuss them
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 7, 2011