I have a one year old baby boy. And he has been going to his check ups and Our doctor said that his penis head is stuck and that we have to keep pulling it down ( the skin around the tip)Did anyoneelse have this problem out there? And they can reassure me of this and it will eventually return to normal?Thanks!!

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son seems to have a little extra skin around where he was circumsized and the doc said to make sure to loosen and pull it back slightly when I cleaned him. I've heard of boys that had it close right up so they couldn't pee. We never had problems though.

Answer by lish2127 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Is he circumcised or not?

Answer by teddybear515 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If he is uncircumcised never pull the skin back.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I've never had this problem... but I don't think pulling it DOWN will hurt anything, as long as it's not forced or anything. Don't let anyone/anyone talk you into pulling it BACK, though. My son was injured at age 2 from an idiot Dr retracting his foreskin.

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• The dr. told me yesterday in my bb appointment ( 1 1/12). That I was suppose to pull it back slowly every day and eventually the head of the pines will come out. He is not circumcised.

Answer by Jamie8788 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Is he circ'd or not? My son is circ'd and his skin did start to reattach so we had to work it back to normal. It was a little painful but you have to get the skin back below the head so it doesn't permanantly reattach or he would have to have surgery later.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We were told from our son's birth to gently pull down on the foreskin each day. This is normal. (-:

Answer by TiffaniR at 10:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Never pull back the foreskin on an uncirced penis! For a circumcised one you may need to pull back to prevent the skin re-adhering

Answer by cedailey at 11:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My son's were circed i had to pull back on their to keep them from closing up.

Answer by carebear2025 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Maybe the ped wasn't aware that your kiddo isn't circ'd. You shouldn't need to pull back the foreskim.

Answer by arahzel at 11:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009