I like to think of myself as creative, but

it seems these days have sapped me. This last December was a nightmare: two of our kids have birthdays, my husband and I have our anniversary, and the holiday madness is no secret here. I scheduled a "small" party with family and friends (my house was full!) on my anniversary, completely forgetting about my poor husband. He laughed and said he thought it was great, by the way, but still! How should I organize this insane month? What inexpensive, creative ideas are out there that will help me make each of my kids feel special, appreciate the significance of our holiday, and not get so spoiled!, AND what do people do for their anniversary's? If there is no answer, should I just accept my lot and hold on tight when November comes to an end?

iamabetterdaisy

Asked by iamabetterdaisy at 10:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• embarrassedI have in Dec. Dad's b-day, son, grandkids, Christmas, New years. And then in January I have our anniversary, my DH b-day, nephew, SIL,grand kids.. What we do is have a birthday party on the day and not try to lump the holidays all together. We go to a Hotel for our anniversary by ourselves. And we just celebrate life...We are at the golden years and we enjoy our grandchildren. And they think the world of us, so we just love them. pommom335

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2009