How do you tell SO he has BO?

I don't know what it is. He bathes daily and wears deo of course but recently there's been like this odor coming from his skin and I don't know what it is. He doesn't seem to notice. How do I tell him without hurting his feelings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Has he been eating anything different or drinking anything different? Cause I know when my hubby eats a lot of garlic, or anything spicey he can sweat it out. Also, maybe you can try buying one of those new man body washes and tell him you were thinking of him when you saw it and thought he might like it. See what happens.

teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I would just tell him. Honestly I wouldn't be offended if my husband said that to me.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Well, maybe it is just the relationship that my husband and I have or maybe it is the length of time we have been together or maybe it is just that I wouldn't want him being embarrassed anyplace else...and the same goes for him with me...but if he may smell a little funky or he has something in his teeth, or a little boogie hanging out of his nose I am just totally up front with him, or sometimes I will go as far as trying to get the boogie out with a kleenex and say "Hey just let me get that for you :)" It doesn't bother him. He actually thanks me. As far as you feeling uncomfrotable...well try to approach it as you wouldn't want him to be embarrassed, and wouldn't you want him to tell you??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• what is he eating? sounds weird but just try to watch what he eats thats might be a reason for it. if not then you might just have to be straight up with him lol
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 10:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If he's on any new medication it can affect it too... and I hear ya on the garlic, I have a BIL that about made us all sick because of the garlic pills and garlic cloves. I smell funny when I eat onions too. Be upfront with him in a soft way. I buy my hubby the sport deoderant and bathwash/soap and it's done wonders for when they come home all sweaty from work.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Baby you stink. What the hell have you been eating?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Just be straight up with him and tell him he stinks. If bathing and deodorant ain't working, then he might wanna go 2 da doctor and c what the problem is.
    ms.busybody

Answer by ms.busybody at 1:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Be honets and just tell him I tell my SO al kinds of crap, and he does me too, if he stinks I tell him and he fixes it if I have bad breath or something he tells me which I appreciate because sometimes I dont always realize so how am I supposed to fix it if I dont know, and the same goes for him
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009