Any tricks?`

Do you guys have any tricks for getting your baby to eat when he is teething and it hurts his gums too bad to eat? I don't want to have him on tylenol all day, and it seems like oragel makes it hard for him to suck.

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 10:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, it's ok for him not to eat. He won't be like this forever, so let him skip a mean here and there if it's really hurting. He'll make up for it later!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• have you tried teeting tabs?
    Anonymous

• teething tablets before his bottle. that should calm him down too.
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 10:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• we used Gentle Naturals homeopathic teething drops. I don't like too much Tylenol either. Good for you. As far as the eating goes...anon is right...it won't hurt them to skip a few meals. They will not starve themselves. Do you feel like eating when you hurt? It will be ok? I will say that I kept bananas in the freezer for my youngest. If your baby is old enough to eat a banana, try that. They still are somewhat soft and the cold feels good on their gums too.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 11:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• teething tablets would be like the only thing that will take the pain away so that he could eat..i hope he feels better soon..=)
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You could also try a cold bottle, some times it helps. its the same concept as a cold compress. and its true your baby wont starve him self he will get hungry enough and will eat!
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I stuck a fork through the top of a pedialite popcicle (the kind that come in a plastic "bag"...not on a stick) and let my daughter chew on it. It felt good for her to chew on something cold and she was getting hydrated too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009