Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


hello i am 16 years old and pregnant me and my mom really dont get alone and she refusing to take me to the doctors wat should i do... also i wanted to know like wen i am walkin i feel pregnant and big but wen i lay down i still feel pregnant but dont look big at all

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (6)
  • you should try to find a pregnancy center that will help you. good luck sweetie. try to work things out with you mom. i know it's got to be stressfull.
    can you get help from the father's parents? is that an option?

    Answer by SashaJ at 10:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

  • Look if there are any Crisis Pregnancy centers (sometimes they are called AAA Pregnancy options) in your area, if you can't find one call a Catholic Church, and they will be able to direct you to one. They can help you with prenatal care and with any baby supplies you may need. They can also help with counseling. Good luck!


    Answer by teddybear515 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

  • Also try to find a teen MOPS group in your area for social support. You'll be with peers going through the same thing you are and there are mentor moms that have been where you are and are now ten or so years on the other side.

    Answer by SashaJ at 11:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

  • you need to contact your guidance counsler because she is responsible for you until 21. by not helping you get prenatal care, she is putting you and your baby in harms way which can be looked at as child abuse. so talk to your counslor. I'm sure once some explains that what she is doing is child abuse i'm sure she would not want to face the embarassment of that or being arrested. or you can go to dss tell them your situation, they can help you to move out and you can sue your mom for child support.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

  • There is a wonderful organization called Harbor House (google online) that loves to help moms-to-be with questions, concerns, and communicating with parents that are struggling about the pregnancy.

    Answer by TeaAnderson at 2:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

  • i would go to your welfare office and let them know what is going on with your mother and that you are pregnant and she is neglecting you and the baby if you do not get medical help it could cause you too loose the baby and its ok too look bigger standing then laying down also go to the local cvs store and get the over the counter prenatal vitiamins this will help you also a little

    Answer by greeniemommy at 8:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.