Does Medicaid cover getting your tubes tied?

I live in NV and was wondering if Medicaid cover getting your tubes tied...
please don't say "don't do it, what if you want more kids later, just wait" or anything like that I've heard it all before but this is something my husband and I have discussed and I've put ALOT of thought into, there are a few reasons I want to do this and this is the best choice for us. My husband and I decided if later we want more children we can adopt because there are so many children that need good homes.

Jasmommie

Asked by Jasmommie at 8:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2011 in Health

• most often not unless there is an medical reason to do so...
    also depending on the number of children you have had, delivery problems etc...
    "Just because" and you are healthy is not going to get an approval from medicaid...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• i would call and ask, thinking MAYBE each state different- would be good idea to cover as it would save states tons of money in long run
    but i do not know
    if not covered, you two ever think about him gettng 'fixed' - guessing this may be less expensive??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• I think they do. My sister has Medicaid and she just had her tubes tied.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• I want to do it because I've had health issuse in the past
    Jasmommie

Comment by Jasmommie (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• Call up your provider and ask. Every plan is different.
    MettaKaruna

Answer by MettaKaruna at 9:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• they paid for mine, but i had it done immediately following my youngest child's birth and i am in a different state.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• In GA medicaid does cover it....but only after your 3rd child.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2011

• They paid for my mothers after her third child in VA. Talk to your case worker. I will need to do the same thing. My SO Doesnt want more kids and I do not want to BIRTH more children. Later down the road I want to Foster or Adopt children. It will be a matter of talking him into it...
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2011