ok another questiona about pain lol

for those that had an epidural, did you feel it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• with my first I did have the epidural. do you mean feel the needle or the labor?
    yes, i felt the needle, but it wasn't bad, no I did not feel any pain once i had the epidural. i know people that have though. it depends on your body, and if the doc who does it has a steady hand. one of my friends said that the "relief' shifted as she moved her body. For instance, if she laid on one side the other side felt pain, so she would turn over and it would switch. apparantly the epidural was not administered quite right.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 11:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• yea, I meant, did you feel the needle?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think I felt a little pinch almost like a bee sting but a little less. Once that was over it was nothing, I am just bad at staying still lol so that was move of a pain then the whole epideral. Also, they had my DH stay in the hall.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Not at all but I sure as hell felt the contractions up until that point.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• nop not at ALL ..
    he told me to stay still and not to move .. i told him that i was going to move if i felt that needle coming in.. so he told me to let him know when i was haveing an other contraction and i did and he just did it at the same time i was having the contraction and i didnt feel anything at all..=)
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Not really. They gave me a shot to numb the area first and then did it between contractions. They did hit a nerve or something, but it wasn't painful, just made me kind of flinch or tickle involuntarily...like when they test your reflexes. The relief was almost instant too. I will definitely be getting another one this time around.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Oh, if you're thinking I would have been sitting still for a foot long needle going into my back with no number first, you're crazy. I think its pretty standard practice for them to numb you first...you don't feel the big needle.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I just felt a pinch. It was less painful than the IV.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2009