Will I love Baby #2 equally?

I know this sounds TERRIBLE, but I love our 2-year old with all my heart! My husband and I would like to have another baby this year, but I fear that I can't possibly love another baby as much as I love our son. My friends tell me this is a normal feeling that is actually not a concern at all. Any helpful advice?????????????

TiffaniR

Asked by TiffaniR at 10:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 100% Normal!!!!!

You won't love your new baby the same - it will be amazingly, deliciously different. But equal.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• LOL! I worried about the same thing. It won't be a problem. Believe me!
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 11:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I've thought this too. I'm gonna be trying again in August. Look forward to reading the responses.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Im due the 26th and i look at my daughter everyday and all her weirdness and thing how can anything top her lol.She is just so FN cute And Bratty lol. But i already love my baby to be so hopefully I will get over this..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• your #1 will always be #1 in his own little way just you got to spread out your love evenly between them. give each the same amount of attention if possible so one doesnt feel singled out . i thought that same way when i was pregnant with my #2 but i treated each of my 5 kids the same or included them in on a project or even if I was helping my oldest id have them help too. even if one kid is more of a attention-seeker always add in the others. its hard but its possible .
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 11:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• sorry to say this but i love my second more. my oldest and i just butt heads. i love her but she drives me nutts. she knows what buttons to push.
    BJLakso

Answer by BJLakso at 11:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i know how you feel. my son is 2 weeks old, and my daughter is 15 months old. i love her with all my heart, and i remember thinking when i was still prego with my son, "how can anyone top you". but when my son was born, i felt the same way about him with my daughter when she was his age. and for me, it seems like my love grows for him like it did with my daughter. id do anything for the both of them. =D
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have two children and I love them both, I also have four step children and also love them,
    I would'nt be telling the truth If I said they were all loved the same, but they all are loved,
    each child is an individual and I think you will love each child with all your heart......
    Debbie9191

Answer by Debbie9191 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It seems impossible, right up until they give the second one to you and you will be smitten all over again, and still have the same crazy love for the first one. Love isn't divided, it multiplies.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 12:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• just so i'm being honest....when my ds, second child, was born we didn't bond the way my dd and i did. i thought something was soooo wrong with me! it took a while but now i love him with all my heart. i will never know why we didn't bond from the start, maybe it was all the family stress that was happening at the time.
    but dont be scared. you will love both of your children with a bond that can never be broken! each will be special in their own way!
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 12:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2009