i got totally ripped off on the internet. is there anything i can do?

i just moved and do not have a doctor, yet. i take xanax because i have insomnia bad. someone told me you could buy it on the internet. so ordered some from websit and was sent a med that looks like xanax, but it is not. i have been on x for around 4 months and i know how it affects me. i was sent some kind of fake.i feel stupin and gullable and PISSED. i haven't slept in wks and now I'm out $$$ is there anything i can do or should i just let it go and learn from it. I did email the website and they haven't written back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

• You can try reporting it to the BBB.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• If you used a credit card they may be able to help you...
    DorothyOpp

Answer by DorothyOpp at 11:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• You are not allowed to distribute Xanax without a perscription in the US. I would report them to the BBB and whoever else you can!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• it is illegal to buy prescriptions in the US over the internet. and illegal to sell them over the internet in the us....canada it's still legal, illegal to buy from canada for us also
    cashmakingmama

Answer by cashmakingmama at 1:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2008