• In the Spotlight:

No Desire to eat!

ok im 11 weeks pregnant and everything makes me sick... YUCK! Im starving though. Im feel so empty inside but if i try to eat i just about throw up and that makes me feel worse. Anyone have any tips on what to do....? My tummy is growling!

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 11:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I went through the same thing in both my pregnancies...I wouldn't force yourself to eat though, all that throwing up is going to make you dehydrated and that is far worse on your baby than not eating. I really don't know what "works" because nothing really did for me. It was awful. Try eating something really light that sounds good to you and even then just a little bit so you might keep it down? Good luck...its miserable.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• What worked for me was lemon drops. Not sure why but they would settle my stomach, I would suck on a couple of them and then once my tummy was settled I was able to eat.

norbert

Answer by norbert at 11:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If you go to Target in the isle where they have power bars and stuff like that they have preggo bars and Preggo pops! That have herbs in them that help with the icky feeling and you get something in your stomach too... Other wise try lemon drops, peppermint or cinnamon hard candy, which ever you prefer all help with upset stomachs. Then try crackers an apple or rice... Good Luck. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids.
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Try eating small meals very frequently. And maybe try some ginger tea, it may help settle your stomach enough to tolerate food. If nothing else you may be able to ask your doctor for an anti nausea medicine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2009