What would your list consist of to prepare a life without you ?

One of my fave films is called " My Life Without Me " it touches on a subject which I myself am not prepared to deal with. So I go to finally thinking what would be on my list be if I knew I had a short time left to live.

1. Record video diaries for my loved ones
2. I'd stay awake as long as possible to do all the things I feel are left to be done , with my hubby.
3. Prepare a list for my son, a guide thru life with motherly advise.
4. I'd say exactly what I thought typically I'm a lot more sensitive to others reactions and feelings. I'll really say what's on my mind without second guessing on how the other person will take it.
5. Every night would be family date night.
6. Arrange how I'd like my send off to be.

so what would be on your list?

here's access to the trailer, you don't want to miss it or go to my homepage it's on there to view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KcaK3ovgcM

HazyPerception

Asked by HazyPerception at 11:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in

• I have tried to think of this before and I always freak myself out. But it could happen and now that I'm a mommy to be in March I think it might be very important for me to do something like this....
    Did you see the little girl on the news that left behind tons of sticky notes on everything for her parents because she was dying (of cancer I think)?
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• OMG really thats going to make me cry . I'm going to google it. That's awful, my hubby says your too sensitive I feel more like compassionate for others lives, it's one thing knowing it happens everyday but when you have a face to put next to it, that really gets me. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate your response.
    HazyPerception

Answer by HazyPerception at 11:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• http://www.parentdish.com/2008/12/29/five-year-old-cancer-patient-leaves-thousands-of-notes-for-her-f/
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• 1. Write birthday and special event letters to my kids. There are things that need explaining but they are too young to understand them just yet.
    2. I would make sure my husband knew how blessed my life has been with him in it and assure him that he is strong enough to make it alone.
    3. I would prepare my funeral arrangements so it would be one less thing he has to worry about when I am gone.
    4. I would finalize my life insurance paperwork to make sure everyone is taken care of appropriately.
    5. We would make lots of home videos in the time that was left.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/JustOneThing/story?id=6494966&page=1
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• HayleyGM thanks for the sites I've already gone to both sites and yes I cried. I'm going to the library soon and I'm def. going to see if they have their book " Notes Left Behind " such a strong story I'm glad they shared it with others. Inspiring.
    HazyPerception

Answer by HazyPerception at 11:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I don't know how much of my normal life I would change. I mean, I would definitely want to do something, but sometimes I think the biggest gift you can give your family is normality. If I knew the date I was going to die, I think it would change the way I acted too much and deprive my family of a normal upbringing. I would want to leave notes for my daughters to have at their big moments like getting married or the birth of their children...and not just the "highs" but the "lows" too...if they ever got divorced, losing a loved one...the things you need your mom for. I mean, you do have to trust that daddy will be able to handle things too though. I don't sleep now, but I can't imagine knowing I was going to go in a while and not staying up all night to do these little things.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2009