Question for Christians

Do you participate in bible study? If so what do you do? I'm going to have people over to my home for bible study I told them I've never done it before...so what do you usually do I KNOW you study the bible, but can you give me an example of a bible study session?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think you first have to look at the demographics of your group. Are you all parents? Are you all women? There are some great studies out there already that have Leader's Guides so you kind of just follow along.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the previous poster, look at the people who will be coming and see what you can find that would best match up with that group. All women? Maybe a study about women in the Bible. All couples? Maybe a study of marriage. All parents? Maybe a study or child rearing. And always start with a prayer, that God be with you while you are studying and help you all through to understand his word. Good luck and God Bless!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sorry, that should read:

All parents? Maybe a study ON child rearing (not or).

Typing too fast again. LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We usually just start with things that have been on our minds. In November, it was the election...so we studied things in the Bible relating to government and such. If someone is having a difficult time holding their tongue, we study a few things there. We just ask for ideas and go from there and wing it. We always have a great time and most of the time it gets pretty deep.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Its both men and women of ages from 25 to 50...
    Anonymous

• our lifegroups or homefellowships are similar to what you are doing. they begin with worship, they try and dig deeper into the message that was taught by our pastor on sunday, for instance our church is in the book of james, so if pastor taught on James 1:1-5 that is what they would look into deeper and well i think if yoiu really looked up the meaning of fellowship...it would be food!! they always end with prayer and food!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 12:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If you are going to have a group of "moms", there is excellent curriculum from "Motherwise." I had a group of women who had newborns up to grandkids. We studied the book on John 15, and it was such incredible material, I couldn't believe it.

Also, Believing God by Beth Moore is wonderful.

God bless and don't be too nervous because God loves to work through us -
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 1:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Start in genisis...this means begenning.
    Anonymous

• There are guidebooks to help you lead a bible study. They can be used in your personal time, with your family, or with a large group. I wish you well, and hope you find the right words for those attending! Good luck,
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Depends upon you group. For the first meeting I would suggest you have a have a discussion about what as a group you want to study. Topics. You might possibly have a few to suggest as well..ranging in different topics. And also if it is a mixed group (men and women). Look on ChristianBook.com (Christian Book Distributors) under Bible Studies. I teach women and young girls so, my source doesn't expand past that. Warren Wiersbe is good, Charles Stanley, Kay Arthur, Beth Moore, Women of Faith studies, Max Lucado....Good Luck. Perhaps even send a survey out ahead of time.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2009