• In the Spotlight:

Im back to my pre-pregnancy weight why dont my pants fit?

I have done great and in the 6 week recovery I have gotten back down to my pre-pregnancy weight but my pants still dont fit!! :( I look like a fat girl trying to fit into clothes that are 2 sizes to small to look skinny. Its depressing any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I know how you feel! all my jeans were between $100-$300 a pair and I wore a size 00. now i have to wear a regular 0. it is so depressing but I have started buying the abercrombie and hollister jeans when they are on clearance for about $80. I did buy a pair of true religion jeans because I think I deserve it after losing 60 pounds in 3 months! lol
    Anonymous

• Not much can be done! Your weight has been redistributed. Sometimes you hip bones spread.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• One of the things about having a baby is that it changes your body, Your hips get wider, your boobs get saggy, your ribcage spreads. Unfortunate but true. Just go and get you a new pair of jeans in a different brand. You might not even need a different size :)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Your body has a different shape now than it did before kids. Most likely your hip bones are wider too. Also, muscle weighs more than fat so if you had more muscle before baby, your weight now with a little more fat and less muscle is going to make your clothes fit differently
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• AHH this is horrible!! These jeans are 130 dollars a pair!! I didnt spend that much on them, I got them while they were on sale for like 80. But still!! *sigh* FYI I bought them while I was single and had money to spend. Great DH is not going to take lightly me needing new jeans........I'll never be able to afford anything this nice for a long time. Back to shopko brand :*(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You can get alot of nice jeans that aren't expensive. Just for the time being.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• you probably lost weight in places other than your butt & thighs.
    and if your hips widened, you will never wear the same size again. I used to wear a size 6, but thanks to my hips, that will never happen again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Girl you you've got HIPS now...that is so not a bad thing! My husband loves it!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• weight redistribution. I guess keep working at it and tone. That is the only thing I can think of. I imagine that is depressing. I never got down to my prepregnancy weight so you are ahead of the game:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 1:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If you had labor and delivered, there you go. It changes everything. I had such great boobs, now forget it.
    Anonymous