Bottles

Okay so im trying to find the best bottles and car seat to ask for at my baby shower. What do you use and why are they the best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I use Playtex Dropins. Instead of having to clean the entire bottle every single time, you just have to clean the nipple and plastic ring that screws on. I also have one Nuk bottle, my daughter will drink from it but it takes her forever to finish 3oz.

I tried the Dr. Brown bottles, but I didn't like them at all. The Soothies also kind of sucked for my daughter. I know every baby is different, though. You kind of have to do a trial-and-error study on which works for your baby lol. Some babies can handle extra air and some get really gassy.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• OH and car seat.

Depending on the budget of the people buying for you...you could ask for a Graco Travel System. It's a car seat and stroller together, it's rather expensive ($150-$280 depending on where you buy it from) but it's AWESOME. Mine is the cherry blossom print, the stroller is lightweight and once you get the hang of operating everything, it's very convenient.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My daughter uses Playtex Ventaire bottles and they are great. They also reduce colic. As for a car seat, she has a Graco one and I love it. Good luck.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• with my first son I used the Playtex dropins, and with my 2nd I am using UMIX it is a bottle that allows you to carry powder formula and water in the same bottle and only mix when needed. I got it online at umix.com but also look up Phil&Teds. they are neat.
    smiley630

Answer by smiley630 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am not sure which are the best bottles, Dr. Browns are supposed to be excellent but they are pricy just make sure whatever kind u get u get BPA free ones and I had a gRaco car seat and it was good ull need one with a base they are easier and one that is safety up to date good luck
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Recently I've been hearing that you should simply avoid the plastic bottles. If I had to do it over again, I would definitely do so.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 1:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No matter what bottles you choose, definitely choose BPA free (if you go with plastic). I am in the same predicament with bottles...I understand that babies are sometimes finicky about them...so...I am going to try the new breastflow (I am planning on breastfeeding) and then maybe the Avent or Playtex drop in if the others do not work. My survey among friends were about even between Avent, Playtex drop in and Dr Browns.

On the car seat, definitely get a good one! I chose the Graco Quattro Tour Travel System (which uses the Graco Snug Rider car seat). Be sure to watch and get one that can hold a baby to at least 25 lbs for infant carrier type. Best wishes and congratulations!
    SassyJulie

Answer by SassyJulie at 2:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2009