I recently read...

That studies show that a child develops better (socially, mentally, physically, etc) when they have one main person to bond to and are not left regularly with babysitters/day care but are primarily cared for by the same person daily. Help from daddy/grandma is ok as long as the person (usually mommy) is the primary care giver.

What do you women think about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It makes me happy to be a stay at home mom, and it makes me sad for preemies who must be left at the hospital. :(
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 11:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My son was put in daycare at 3 months and he's right up there with any other kid in school or that I've ever met. I say it's bogus. Where'd you get your info?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I just wish I could be a SAHM....but I will have to return to work because I am the one who has the benefits for the family. I am going miss her so much and I know I'd do much better with her than the strangers at the daycare no matter how good they are.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i don't think its bogus. I belive that kids who stay with there parents or family are smarter than a daycare child because daycare can't give your child the one on one time they need sorry. I believe a lot of daycares don't even treat the children the way they should too many get left in vans and others just watch the news there is something on there all the time about child abuse at a daycare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• AAP did the study, I read it in a magazine.
    Anonymous

• Me husband and i were the only ones to take care of her every once in a while she would go with her grandma but not enough to make a difference. Now she is 3 and is above average so i believe in that a little....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 12:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Like I said, show me your studies. You THINK doesn't mean it's TRUE
    Anonymous

• What about the kids that sit home with their parents that don't work and live in poor conditions? Are those kids advanced?
    Anonymous

• I agree. My girls both ended up in day care from an early age and they are no where near on the same level socially or intellectually as their bothers who didn't.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i somewhat agree. i think that it is important for whoever the baby is used to being around doesn't just get up and leave the baby's life. but that could include numerous people. i live with my son at my boyfriend's (his dad) house with his mother, father, and brother. i think that all the people in the house are important to him.. some, maybe more than others, but nevertheless, all important to him. if any one of them were to just permanently leave his life, especially when he's a little older, i think it would take some time for him to adjust.

to me, the children who are left with different babysitters every time their parents leave, and never have anyone to get close to are the children that may have some developmental problems - not the ones that have numerous attatchments
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 12:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2009