Any moms have ideas on night jobs or weekend jobs that have on the job training or doesn't require schooling.

NativeMomma

Asked by NativeMomma at 12:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Walmart and target
    Anonymous

• Waitressing at a nice place will get you geat tips on the weekend, also telephone answering sevices
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• if you can handle it mentally alot of nursing homes offer CNA training at there facilities and then will pay for you to get your certification through the state. Depending on what state you live in the classes take any where from 4 to 8 weeks. Its free you just have to agree to work for the company atleast 6months no biggy. I took them in oregon about 3 years ago and i love the work. But it does take a special knd of person to work with the elderly who can no longer care for themelfs at all.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• ooh yeah and they usually start you working on a night shift or swing shift
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I started looking online for stuff I could do from home and found some great places.  I have made a list of places that I have used (only free ones), I know they're all legit because I don’t list them until I've been paid by them. I do have survey sites listed; only the ones that I know for sure work. I’ve had great success with it. Nothing to lose by looking, it’s free to get started. You can see my list and details on these places at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/   

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You could start your own business.  It doesn't have to be anything major... I found excellent ideas at www.stuffformoms.info.  There are several good things I found I was able to do.

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You can try housekeeping in a hospital. Easy work, good pay, on the job training and no schooling needed.
    ROCHYOU

Answer by ROCHYOU at 1:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I stopped doing the job thing... got tired of worrying about scheduling and even if there would not be a job in a week or two - with the economy the way it is - I chose to do home based businesses. My time, my terms, and I keep all the earnings. plus I am building a residual income base so they income continues to come in even if I take some down time. No big out of pocket expense - easy to do - never been happier ...
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 4:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I do Home Parties, which is really fun, you plan when you want to work, & you can make as much as you want there's no limit. My first party between arriving & leaving to go back home took 3 hrs, In that time I made a little of 75.00, Not bad for 3 hrs work, And the best part is I still have plenty of Family time, The Company I work for pays its Demonstators very well. There is a start-up cost for your kit, But in my opinion ts worth every penny!
    www.vantelpearls.com/annarsenault
    jade47

Answer by jade47 at 6:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences?  If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most.  Build a list and use that to begin your search.  General rule of thumb:  Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).   I recommend checking out the Telecommuting Moms folder at WAHM.com for leads on home JOBS.  I also have some resources for freelance work and telecommuting jobs on my Work From Home site.

nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2009