I know I can't get my hopes up!

Ok, my period is 3 days late. No cramps, No bloating either- So I took a test this morning and it was negative. I feel that have been real good limiting my stress as I know it can cause my period not to come as normal. I would like to think that the test could be wrong but is it even possible??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it could be i had to take two.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It is possible for a test to be wrong...you could have implanted late, or you could have ovulated later than day 14 and therefore may not truly be "late" yet. I'd give it a couple more days and try testing again. Good luck!!
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 12:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My first test was negative and I was alright a week or soo late. I thought nothing of it because its not uncommon for my period to be mia. I retested about 2 weeks after the first and long and behold I got a posative.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 12:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My doctor has always told me you can have a false negative, but never a false positive.
    I would just retest in a few days.
    Good luck to ya!
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Who knows- I tested for ovulation this month so I really dont know anymore. I know I need to stop thinking about it and just go with the flow- so to speak. the irony of the whole thing is I really do not want to get my period, however, I want my normaly cycle too!! UGH
    Anonymous

• Although it is possible for a test to be wrong it is not very likely. 3 days is not enough time to determine whether or not you are pregnant. There are all type or reasons your period could be late. Wait before you take another test at least a week or so, if your period has not come by then test again. You must understand that there are those rare occasions when we skip a period just because. I am trying to concieve as well and it is so easy torture ourselve emotionally believing it will speed up the process. Read some of my answers to my question, they helped me.
    StepmommyRee

Answer by StepmommyRee at 12:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Take another test in a few days. IF you ar pregnant, your HCG levels increase by double daily, so in a few days it should show. If you go another 2 weeks no positive, call the doctor and schedule an appointment to figure out what is happening in your body.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 3:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2009