unpardonable sin???

What is the unpardonable sin---what exactly is blashemy (sp?)--would you consider satanism blashemy???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• From what I understand, the unforgivable sin is blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Like, saying it doesn't exist, I'd imagine. i asked my priest one time, and even he couldn't give me a straight answer.

I would consider satanism blasphemy, but whether it the unforgivable sin, I'm not sure.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am not religious, but I thought that the unforgivable sin was committing suicide?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It's not suicide...but if you do a google search you will find lots of answers. It's not as simple of an answer as it sounds.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the unforgiveable sin mentioned in the Bible. It is not 'regular' blasphamy as in speaking ill of someone. It means willfully denying and rejecting God's grace and forgiveness. Those who are guilty of this sin are those who knowling and willingly refuse to respond to God's grace and repent their sins.

There are no limits to God's mercy -- but those who refuse to accept God's mercy by repenting, those who reject the forgiveness and salvation offered by the Holy Spirit , they commit the unforgiveable sin. Not because God can't or won't forgive it but because the person has so hardened their heart that they cannot receive the forgiveness. The limit isn't on God or His mercy, the limit is on the person's willingness to respond to God's grace and accept God's mercy.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 1:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• When all was created some immediately decided to turn against God. That is what the story of Lucifer is about. Those are what many spiritual teachers refer to as the dark souls. They have no light because they have chosen to be without it. That is the ONLY unforgiveable "sin", if you want to call it that. Those of us who seek (God) are White soul entities, because we are here for God (even if we don't know it). The only ones who don't go to Heaven after their lifetime are the dark soul entities. They simply loop around and come right back into utero. This is hell. That is it. To get through this life is worth every honor. And all white soul entities are greeted back Home after their physical life is over.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Mark 3:29 - But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.

According to Merriam - Webster dictionary the word "blasphemy" means "the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God; the act of claiming the attributes of deity; irreverence toward something considered sacred."
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• One of the reasons people think that suicide is the 'unforgiveable sin' is because you have turned your back on God being able to help you, you have denied Him. Now I am not here to judge and do to an extent feel this is true, but I am questionable on when performing the act of suicide if you were to have a change of heart as you lay dying of an overdose lets say and asked for forgiveness for your action, I think you could be forgiven, but it you take a bullet or something causing instant death, then it is an unforgiveable sin. You can't hold a gun to your head and say God forgive me for what I am about to do, because you are still turning your back on Him. And then there is the case of someone not being in their right mind, (who is when contemplating suicide?) lets say mentally challenged or something on that order , thats where I say who am I to judge.
    Anonymous

• do you the believe that satanish is a form of the unpardonable sin/blasphemy???
    Anonymous

• Yes I believe satanism is a form of the unpardonable sin, because you are turning your back on God, denying him for another god.
    Anonymous

• I was always told it was denying the Holy Ghost/Spirit.

So, if you had the holy ghost in your life and knew what it felt like,etc THEN turned around and said you dont believe it,etc. THAT would blasphemy.

So anyone, no matter what beliefs they have, could be blasphemous IF they had that knowledge.

If they didnt have that knowledge or previous belief then I dont believe its blasphemous,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009