how do i get the smell out of my microwave?

my boys made the extra buttery popcorn & somehow... the smell wont go away ... ekkk

3kingsmom

Asked by 3kingsmom at 12:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Hello my friend lol..Cut a lemon or an orange in half, and put 1 half into a bowl of water in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Not only do you get a nice smell but it w will clean your microwave as well. Clean down afterwards with a damp cloth. I hope either 1 helps you.Happy newyear :} P.S THANKS 2 THE PERSON ABOVE ME , 4 THE VANILLA EXTRACT, TIP AS WELL.
    laddybuug

Answer by laddybuug at 1:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You can try a small dish of vanilla extract and run it for about 30 seconds. Or you could use lemon juice as well.
    Anonymous

• Try wiping with vinegar. Open the door to air dry. Vinegar smell will go away when dry. If odor still won't go away, sprinkle in baking soda and leave overnight.
    LISATV

Answer by LISATV at 10:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I would go with the lemon
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 10, 2009