9 month old and what stage food?

My 9 month old is on stage 2 foods and has been since about 7 1/2 months. He is finger feeding himself with the yogurt melts and puffs and always is wanting whatever we are eating. He does has some teeth and has had some "grown-up" food, like mashed potatoes and small things like that. At what age did you start you child on the stage 3 foods?

ashleydawn3830

Asked by ashleydawn3830 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just go to the soft finger foods if he is able to feed himself things.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• u could give him #3
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• mine is the same he is on stage 3 and "real food" we have given hin, pasta, meatballs, avacado, bananas, etc etc etc anything that is soft enough for him to eat. just be careful of the "allergy" foods
    Bobbysmommy324

Answer by Bobbysmommy324 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No need for stage 3. Just start giving him table foods. Make sure the pieces are cut small enough for him to eat, but big enough for him to pick up. (as mentioned above, be careful of the "allergy" foods)

Teeth don't matter. He doesn't chew with front teeth anyway.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my daughter is 10 months and we still give her stage two foods mixed to a thicker mush with rice cereal for breakfast. At lunch I give her finger foods such as grill cheese sandwhich cut up small, cooked pasta like wagon wheels, canned green beans, peach dices, etc, she usually has an afternoon snack of two nilla wafers (very messy), then at dinner I feed her more rice stage2 mix and let her nibble/try things off of our plates.
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• since my son has been able to eat more than pureed food we just try to give him what we're eating (as long as its not an allergen or too much dairy of course) but we sometimes will make his a little duller. for instance if we're having spaghetti we might make him some too with just a little sauce and cut up. the stage two things really toughen up their tummies so they will be prepared to graduate.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My daughter is just turning 8 months, and has been on stage 3 since 7 months, as well as eating some table foods. If he is eating table foods then he can eat stage 3 foods. The Stage 3 (as it says on the side of the jar) has tender pieces in it to help them learn to chew and mash things with their gums. If he is already eating things that are more solid, then he can handle the stage 3.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• it depends on the baby. at 9mos my son was eating stage 2 for breakfast and lunch and stage 3for dinner. now he is 10 mos and starting to eat cubed and diced foods. If your baby mashes food with gums (pretends to chew) and he'll eat it all stage 3 is ok.
    MattysMommy143

Answer by MattysMommy143 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• if he acts like he wants more food or wanting what you are eating then i would start giving him table food like simple food like mashed potatos mac and cheese stuff like that i did and she is off the baby food all the way and now its much eaiser not havein to get all that baby food and she loves mac and cheese
    tabatha424

Answer by tabatha424 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2009