Does your child still say a lot of

Double past tense? Like lookeded or similar?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My oldest daughter used to call instructions to things, DESTRUCTIONS. When we talked to our oldest, our son, and explained the body parts of boys and girls, he called a vagina a PAJAMA and my youngest daughter, when she says words that begin with a "B", like Beyonce', she uses a "V" and pronounces it, "VEYONCE" and "GRAV" instead of "GRAB". She also has a slight lisp. So, yea, they say things funny all the time! LOL

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• oh my daughter says some stupid shit sometimes and it totally leaves me in awe cuz she is almost seventeen and a straight a student but yet still does not know how to speak lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• sorry i know you meant younger children but my daughter does do it so i thought i would add.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My daughter is very common for that. I correct her all the time.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 1:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No - my first grader has very good grammar and vocabulary. I have noticed some of his classmates sometimes making errors similar to your example, but not many and not often. When I does happen, I think it's cute. I kind of miss my kids' "little kid" speech patterns. Your child will outgrow it eventually, enjoy it for now!
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 1:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If the word has an obvious ed on it as in tasted where the last letter of the base word is stressed, he doesn't do it. Only when the past tense ending flows well with the base word will he do it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009