When an african american baby has exzema on the face, do it discolor certain areas and if so when do the complextion even back out?

My 2 month old has light brown spots on his face. Me and mt husband thought it was a birthmark but couldn't find anything as we searched on the internet, that looked like what we see on his face. We took him to his doctor who says he has exzema and that his skin color will eventually come back BUT all the pictures on the internet still shows somthing diffrent than what I see on his face.. (light brown spots) wondering if any other mother have experienced this on their baby.

DecemberMom1209

Asked by DecemberMom1209 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If the doctor said he has esxema and it will soon pass, don't worry about it just do as he asked and I am sure your baby will be as cute as when he was born. I believe this eczema will show dryness and him being dark it will show more on him so don't worry about it he will be fine.

Just keep him out of the sun for long periods of time all babies go through this.good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My son has eczema in the folds of his arms, behind his legs and the back of his neck. He didnt have it when he was a baby though. His skin is darker in those areas but its hardly noticeable. Did the doc give you any ointment to put on it? The internet may not be the best place for answers
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2009