My Maid of Honour feels like she has to compete with my at my own wedding

She was telling me that there was this soda at her college and that it made her sick but she lost 3 pounds from him so she says. She asked me if I considered this Bulimic and I said yes because your drinking it to make you sick, but then she says she likes it and it doesn't make everyone else sick. I told her yeah but not everybody's body is the same and you getting sick means it irritates your stomach so it isn't healthy if you kept drinking it. She got mad at told me that she NEEDS to be skinnier than me. How would you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I would be irritated. She's probably just jealous and looking for some way to one-up you since it will be your special day. I'd find someone less spiteful to be your maid of honor, however, even if you have to stick with her, know that it's your day and no one is going to care about how she looks. No one goes to a wedding ceremony and oohs and ahhs over how great the maid of honor looks, trust me.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Tell her you got skinny eating TUBS Ben & Jerry's ice cream!!! LOL Then, on your wedding day you'll look even better!! LOL

Any "friend" who felt the need to compete with me on MY big day, wouldn't be a friend for long!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I hope you guys were being playful about this whole thing.
    Anonymous

• Find another bridies maid...you are suppose to be the center of attention on ur beautiful day.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I WOULD IGNORE HER IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS JUST JEALOUS OF YOU DON'T WORRY EVERYONE WILL HAVE THERE EYES ON YOU AND THINK HOW PRETTY YOU ARE NOT HER !!! DON'T LET HER GET TO YOU ,YOU ARE THE STAR IN THIS NOT HER !

Anonymous

• I would just find a new maid of honor, I would be too afraid she would try to actually ruin the wedding or reception somehow

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Let her be skinnier than you. What's the difference. All eyes will be on you anyway not on your bridesmaids or maid of honor. You aren't in competition with anyone. You are your own beautiful self. Being noticed because she is over-thin is not a good kind of noticing anyway. YOU are the one who will shine on that day.

Answer by Bmat at 1:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Who cares what she says, just remember all eyes are on the Bride. My made of honor ended up trying to destroy my wedding on the special day. She threw a tempter tantrum and made a big ass of herself in front of everyone. Don't worry about her, everything will turn out just fine.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It's YOUR day, not her's. Ditch her and find yourself a new maid of honor. I wouldn't have ever put up with that from my maid of honor, or from ANY of my bridesmaids!!
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i would have looked at her and said its ok if you are skinnier I'M GETTING MARRIED lol my guess is she is just jealous i agree find some one to take her spot try to go with a family member if you can because then you can say that you have to because of "family obligations"
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2009