I am very thin, about 112 lbs and 5 foot 6. Will I show sooner and gain weight faster?

AuntEmmy

Asked by AuntEmmy at 1:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You might. You are a tiny person so a little weight gain might show faster. Be careful what you eat though. Just cause you are pregger doesn't mean that you should eat what ever you want. You want to gain weigh, but you don't want to get over weight. Still eat health and drink lots of water.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 1:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• maybe or maybe not it just depends im sure they will want you to gain alittle extra weight since you are starting off under weight.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It really depends. I was 5'4" and 105lbs and I didn't show until around five months. I gained 35lbs total all in my tummy.
    lvlymummy08

Answer by lvlymummy08 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• yeah it totally depends on where your baby wants to sit. my friend and i are the same size, 130lbs and im 5'10 and shes 5'7'' and i was showing with my first son and with this new baby by 8 weeks (i know it was kinda freaky!) but my friend didnt start showing until about 5 months. her baby was sitting far back and mine are just right up front i guess.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my guess is probably not. your stomach muscles are probably firmly in place which will keep everything where it's supposed to for a while. i've seen a lot of very thin women with very small bellys, straight up through their 9th month.
    myboysnme

Answer by myboysnme at 1:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• yes, i was that way with my first, show sooner the thinner you usually are and yes you will grow more too, but i got back to normal fast too.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• with my first i was almost 7 months before i showed at all now with my second i was about 4 months
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 7:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2009