Is it possible to love your second child as much as you love your first?

I'm pregnant with number 2, and I'm scared to death that i will never be able to love him as much as i love my first born son!

myboysnme

Asked by myboysnme at 1:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh you will! I have two daughter's that are 18 months apart and I love them just them same! They will each have their own littler personalities that will make you smile. Don't worry mama!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I feel the same way!
    OMG I love my son so much and there was times (early in the pregnancy) that I used to look at him and cry just thinking about that someone is going to take his spot light.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• haha i am feeling the same way! i have a ten month old and am 9 weeks pregnant with another and i am so scared that since this one was a suprise it wont be the same with him! but then i look at my son and think he is so beautiful, why wouldnt i want more like him??!! i think it will be great
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yep, you definitely will be in love all over again! :-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 1:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You won't have to divide your love, in fact , it will multiply.

SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 2:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• OMG, I used to feel the same way but let me tell you, as the PP said, your love multiplies! I just love both my babies soooooo much I can't even describe it!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• reassuring! Im expecting my 2nd next week and my oldest is 5 already...im scared she'll be jealous too.
    Amandah1982

Answer by Amandah1982 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2009