Do you have an "Elf on the Shelf"? Does your elf just sit or does he make mischief? :P

I saw some really cute ideas for little misadventures the elf on the shelf can get into while the kids sleep. I have heard alot of people say their kids can't wait to wake up and find what their elf has been up to.

So my question is---If your elf does funny little things at night, what are some things he does?

I thought about using a dry erase marker and drawing mustaches and such on our family picture and posing the elf with the marker...

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 10:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2011 in Holidays

• my oldest got Elf on the Shelf two Christmases ago, she wasn't into it much then & he got lost somewhere in our move :( but i think she would love it now, I wish i could find it. i'm debating getting another one- i love all the mischievous ideas.

a friend of mine on FB posted a pic of what theirs did last night: emptying a white rice container all over the patio floor and writing the Elf's name in it (Sunny). it was cute.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2011

• We just got ours yesterday. She (Snowflake) has so far been good and is now sitting upstairs on DD's bedroom mirror. I do see her getting into some mischief though. Created her a FB page, so definitely have to entertain the masses with her antics!

We can't make her be too bad though because that might send DD the wrong message...if this elf is supposed to be there to make sure she is being good and the elf isn't being good...well, that will just defeat the whole purpose.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2011

• We don't have one but I would like to buy one.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2011

• Elfie will be doing some mischief this year. Tonight will be his first appearance and in the morning my son will wake up with red paint on his nose and Elfie will be in a cup with a paintbrush with red paint on it with a note saying "Jeremy, do look in the mirror". He will also be playing with the toilet paper in the bathroom, turning our milk green, making snow angles in flour, trying to open up a Christmas present, zip-lining through our living room, etc.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2011

• I just bought one today after my child saw the show on the Hallmark channel a few days ago and wanted one. I'm going to make it do mischievous things, but I still need to figure out what I'm going to make it do.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• I am going with the flo one night at a time. My son loves the elf and so we had to get a special dispensation from Santa to be touched. Chip is on a chamomile and peppermint so he keeps his magic. I think the best mischief I saw was a snow angel the elf made with flour. Not sure I want to do that in my house but definitely a cool mom! Elf will arrive tommorow with a copy of his report to Santa with things Santa would like my son to work on and announcing that he will leave an extra surprise if he can do everything on the list. I saw someone posed the elves with a whole bunch of other stuffed toys and made a scene in the living room. I thought perhaps soon the elf might be in the back of a toy car--perhaps with some artificial tread marks. So far I wrote in the tub with bath tub crayons a message. Brush your teeth extra today. If I am ambitious elf might make muffins this weekend.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• Peter (our elf) has not done anything mischievous yet because he still has to be "out of reach" so he doesn't lose his magic. Maybe next year. :D We have had him for 3 years already and my boys are just excited to find out where he is hiding.
    MettaKaruna

Answer by MettaKaruna at 11:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2011