Got A Question.!

Ever since my daughter was a month old, I would rock her to sleep at night and even for her naps...She's 6 months old now and I don't want to be rocking her too sleep when's she's 1 or 2 yrs old...So since last week for her naps I've been just laying her in her crib and she eventually falls a sleep...But I still rock her at night before she goes to bed for the night...any who.. Am I doing the right thing??? Would you guys do the same??

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• my daughter is fourteen months and i still rock her whenever she wants it. i also have two teens and trustme they grow up too damn fast so enjoy it now. seriously i want to keep her little and close to me for as long as i can
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I would say yes, you're easing her in to getting used to soothing herself to sleep and still having a nice cuddle time with her at night.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Are you doing the right thing? You're the only one who can answer that...

Would I do the same thing? No.

When they were infants, I rocked my boys while giving them a bottle before a nap or bed. However, when their routine changed and they didn't take a bottle or sippy cup before going to sleep, I didn't rock them. I just put them down to sleep. Honestly, it wasn't a habit I wanted to break later....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yes, I would, too. Enjoy every second of the rocking to sleep. They get too old for that too fast. :)

Answer by Bmat at 1:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• all four of my kids (4, 7, 8, 10) will sometimes come to me to rock them to sleep when they need comfort (i think i get like one or two requests per year) and sometimes they will ask me to sing them to sleep, like i did when they were babies
    as long as she equates you with love, comfort and safety, you're not doing anything wrong
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sounds fine. I would have loved to rock my daughter to sleep but she would NOT fall asleep in my arms, ever. Sigh.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I rock my dd to sleep every night and before naps unless she just passes out which also happens a lot, I love it!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If it's working for you, you're doing fine. Once you feel like it you can put her down at night while she's still drowsy and not asleep. You can still rock her, just put her down sooner. The Mom's that post for help getting the baby down don't like the way things are happening. You seem to enjoy your routine, so if it works for you, you're doing great!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2009