Advice on Potty Training

She is almost 4...She is on week 3 of no pull ups and down to one or two accidents a day.....She isnt in school

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't know if your already doing this or not...

#1... No drinks 1 hour before bedtime
    #2... Wake her up to go to the potty before you go to bed until she gets the hand of it.
    #3... Tell her to go potty, don't wait on her to go on her own. If she just had a drink, wait a half hour and tell her to go potty. You just really have to pay attention on what time frame she usually has her accidents or when she does go to the potty.

Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME FOR ME ~ SOME PPL MAY NOT AGREE WITH THIS BUT I DON'T CARE LOL ~ I WOULD BUY A BAG OF M&M'S & EVERYTIME SHE WOULD COME UP & TELL ME SHE HAD TO POTTY & ACTUALLY DO IT LOL I'D GIVE HER AN M&M ~ SHE LOVED IT! MAKE A BIG DEAL OVER IT,EVERY TIME SHE DOES PRAISE HER! REWARD HER! MAKE UP A POTTY SONG, DO A LITTLE DANCR WITH HER,IT WORKED FOR MINE :)
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• The advice I've seen so far has been great, and there's one thing I would like to add... I don't know if you're to the point of letting your daughter sleep in bed without a pull up yet, but when you get there, go to the medical supply store and buy a twin mattress cover (if your daughter is in a regular, twin bed). They're waterproof, they fit snug to the bed, and it makes things easier to clean when you're having to wake up in the middle of the night. They're also quieter than trying to use plastic (they don't crunch). Good luck!
    dimplz125

Answer by dimplz125 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2008