When did you get their first hair cut?

I want to get my 2 year old daughters hair trimed and my husband says no. What do you think.

QTMamma01

Asked by QTMamma01 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We are debating on getting our 11 month old's hair cut. It is really long in the front and goes into her eyes if she doesn't wear clips. I don't want to do it yet, but it is kind of uncomfortable for her I can tell.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My dd is almost 4 and I was just talking to my dh about it lol. We trimmed her hair for the first time about a year ago but it is down to her butt now. I am debating a real hair cut now. I usually do the first trim on girls around 3, on boys around 1.

Answer by gemgem at 1:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my daughter is fourteen months and i was in the same situation her bangs were in her eyes constantly and her hair is too thin for barretts so i said i was going to get it trimmed and daddy through a fit but i did it anyways a couple weeks ago and he got over it as soon as he saw how much better it looked
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Its only trimming, I can see if he was going bald. I got my oldest son's hair cut when he was 14 mths, he had a head full of hair but a little bald patch in the back that took forever to grow back so I just cut it. I got my youngest son's hair cut when he was almost two, his hair was nappy and he didnt want it combed so it had to go
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My son is 18 months and the majority of his hair is down to his shoulders and will remain that way until I can find my big girl panties and get him a hair cut:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I got my son's first haircut when he was 18 months.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i got my son's hair cut at 18 months...i hated to, because i was afraid the curls would go away, but it was just too unruly. anyway, the curls stayed, and his hair grew back thicker than ever. i haven't gotten my daughter's hair cut yet but she hardly has any. by the way, trimming is supposed to make the hair grow faster--that was definitely the case with my son. tell your hubby that, maybe that'll convince him. it's just a trim, not like your giving her a buzz cut!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009