What were the dinosaurs?

What do you think dinosaurs were? Do you think they were dragons? Or maybe Cyclops? They are called "behemoths" but it's usually translated as "cattle." Eventually translators realized they had NO IDEA what behemoths were, and left the name untranslated. Behemoth is said to be the mightiest of all God’s creatures, a giant whose tail is likened to a cedar tree (Job 40:15-19) I will dig up more Scripture later; clues are littered all over the Bible. I saw a documentary where ancients found fossils and envisioned them as giants etc. Who's to say these things never existed? It's in the Bible (dragons anyway, and not only Satan.) I read last night in my Bible that :pulling out Bible: Isiah 27-1 "He (Lord) will slay the monster of the sea (calls it Leviathan in previous sentence) Hmm makes me wonder

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think dinosaurs were Gods plan Part 1.

Answer by gemgem at 1:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Oh and the giant thing, remember David and Goliath? Didn't he hit him in the eye with the rock? I don't remember lol, but if he did, and Goliath was a Cyclops, explains why he was so large and went down so easy
    Anonymous

• Years ago I read a book on dinosaurs exsisting with man. They have found fossilized footprints of dinosaurs with human footprints inside and beside them dating to the same time frame and had pictures to go with it. Of course you never hear these things on the news, that would mess up what scientists have thought for years. I wish I could remember the books name.
    Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 1:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I've seen that picture. they downplayed it by saying something like obviously the dinos made the footprints, then man came along centuries later and stepped in mud that fossilized and "appeared" to walk beside the dinosaur. Riiiiiiight lol, that's grasping at straws :) Something else I wonder about "dating" things by how they lay in the earth (layers) is wouldn't earthquakes rattle the fossils around, shift them up down and every which way?? So that's not exactly the best dating method imo
    Anonymous

• http://omniology.com/delknewmandino.htm
    Picture

Answer by gemgem at 1:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• People tend to forget that the layers probably happened during the flood, but those that don't believe in the flood have a hard time grasping that. I had a christian friend one time tell me that maybe when the earth was created the 6 days were longer than our 24 hours maybe it was years therefore causing the layers etc. I was a little flabbergasted and responded with how do we know that God did not intend the layers? If he can create a living cell why couldn't he create layers in the earth. The best dating method is the Bible, It is all a matter of faith and believing the Word.
    Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 2:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Hmmm..maybe that is really how the pyramids were built?
    Anonymous

• um...I think dinosaurs were DINOSAURS
    Anonymous

• I have never thought about the pyramids,, I just accepted that they were built after the flood, when do they say they were built? how old do they say they are? You can tell I never paid much attention in school LOL, The flood happened not too long after creation, so I am sure they were built by slaves (man am I glad I wasn't alive then),.
    Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 2:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Pyramids were built before the flood.
    Anonymous