How many times a week should I do my excersise?

I just started doing my excersise again after about 3 mnths. How many times a week should I do them? I did my abs yesterday and would like to keep it up but not sure on how many times a week I should do the excersise. Anyone please advise.

mom3cutieboyz

Asked by mom3cutieboyz at 1:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Cardio everyday. Toning/Weights I would do three times a week. Make sure you eat plenty of fruit after doing exercise to help you recover quickly and avoid injury.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• 30 minutes a day is what is recommended for moderate exercise. (You stopped because you had a baby?) If this is the case, check with your ob or gyn about resuming and how much. If you get the go ahead, then 12-15 curls- until the muscles are tired, for the curl exercise. Just an opinion, but I'd say you could do them every day, but let your doctor be your guide.

Answer by Bmat at 1:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If you are doing strength training, you want to do it every other day to give your muscles time to heal. If you are doing cardio, you can do it every day. However, you should check out any outside circumstances first.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No, my youngest is turning 2 in a few days. I just got busy with the holiday's and remodeling in my home. I was doing Wii fit. Would some moderate excersise on that be cardio?
    mom3cutieboyz

Answer by mom3cutieboyz at 1:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yeah. So long as you aren't doing like weights or resistance bands, or any lifting, you should be able to do it daily.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• For me I work out 30 + min 6 days a week mixing up Cardio and weighting lifting and Yoga.
    I have Sundays off...
    I work out right in the morning before my Husband goes to work or my little girl goes to school ... Me time,
    claras_mommie

Answer by claras_mommie at 5:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I usually walk everyday. Walk my daughter to the bus and to pick her up. Then walk to work on Thursdays. That really helps with the cardio.

I have to get back into weight training. I got so busy with school last semester I slipped up, but I do weight training Monday, Wednesday, Friday for about an hour.

Tuesdays and Thursdays I do yoga for about an hour.

The weekends I am doing very random work outs to prepare myself to wrestle again. I was out for almost a year with an injury, so I have been going over some maneuvers and such for 2 hours a day on the weekend.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2009