i need help my 2 year old poured beeswax lotion in her hair and everything seems to be making it worse i dont want to shave her head any suggestions

poured beeswax lotion in her hair and everything seems to be making it worse i dont want to shave her head any suggestions i tried soap dawn ajax vingaer baking soda@

AndyKaysMama

Asked by AndyKaysMama at 1:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouls try to get a shampoo designed to clarify the hair. They usually will get all the gunk out of the hair like hair spray and wax. This might work. I am sure they have shampoo designed to do what you need. DONT SHAVE HER HEAD!
    QTMamma01

Answer by QTMamma01 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Do not put anything else in her hair. Just keep rinsing it out with warm water. After you've done this about three times with no left over suds, then use a shampoo without conditioner to wash the remains out of her hair.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my son did his hair in diaper cream. We just did repeated shampoos. Eventully it came out.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Try dawn dishwasher soap. It works for lots of things.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 1:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Ask the pharmacist. Good luck! I am leaning toward the repeated shampoos, also.

Answer by Bmat at 2:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• im not sure if this will work for this situation, but isn't it true that peanut butter gets gum out of your hair??
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 2:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My daughter put super glue in her hair! Well any other parent wuld have cut the hair,BUT i refused lol. So i washed it with real shampoo(it got softer) within weeks her hair was pretty again..Invest in hair ties and get handy with updos it will come out :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Peanut butter gets gum out of the hair because of the oils in it. Try oil! Vegetable oil, mineral oil, whatever you have. I use olive oil because it puts moisture back into things and improves the elasticity. I know this from waxing other people, and myself.
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 2:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• hello, i am a hairdress and work with wax all the time doing different waxes. I have gotten wax in my hair. Sally beauty supply and possibly wal-mart has wax remover. It would work on her hair. I can tell you though, it feels just like baby oil so try that as well. For sure though the wax remover will work but youll have to be very patient and take a lil bit out at a time.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 2:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AndyKaysMama

Answer by AndyKaysMama at 5:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2009