My daughter turned 18 months and refused to get her diaper changed every time is a battle now any Help!!! Arrrrgggg!!!!

calicowgirl

Asked by calicowgirl at 2:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i had this same problem. my son is 2 now but when he was younger he would hate getting his diaper changed! i would just give him somethin to play with or a little treat and he was fine.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 2:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My son was like that for about 3 months, he just turned 19months. I think it is just a stage. It was very frustrating and it got to the point I had to put my leg over him and hold him down or there would be poopy EVERYWHERE! but I did what I had to do to get it changed and tried to be patient but let him know no matter what he did he was getting his diaper changed and he seemed to outgrow it! Good luck!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• well if your child dosen't want to have a diper change then maybe its time to start potty traing. or try to make diper changing fun for your child instead of making it just seem like a chore. try tickeling and funny faces make a game out of it.
    Trinity380

Answer by Trinity380 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• She is the perfect age for the 3-day toilet training method (it's an ebook and recommends starting around 18 months).  My son hated diaper changes, so I taught him where big boys put their pee and poop.  It took one week and we had no more diapers at 19 months.  It was new and fun for him.  I put the potty chair in the playroom and gave him an m&m and a sticker.  I took him to the store to pick out a potty and new underwear.  It was all very exciting and positive.  He is two years old now and we've had 5 glorious months of no diapers and he is very proud of himself.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 5:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2009