33 weeks and need suggestions on how to get sleep

Ok, I am 33 weeks pregnant. I have not slept well in over 3 days. Every time I lay down I either can't breath well or he is kicking me in the ribs and it feels like he is kicking me in the boobs. I have used a body pillows/pillows to prop myself up to almost setting position and nothing works. I am about to resort to sleeping standing up. I am so freaken tired and just want some sleep. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I am sure that my husband would love you. I am grumpy as you can imagine. I am not even very big, I hardly look pregnant.

JD08

Asked by JD08 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I hit the stge you're at now I started sleeping on the couch propped up with a ton of pillow behind me so I was practically "sitting up". It was the only thing that worked cause any which way I laid hurt. Good luck!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I had a tonnnnnnnn of pillows! A TON! We also put some extra boards under the head of our bed so I would be laying slightly tilted up so i could breath better. My hubby also was very helpful by caressing my back.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 2:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You dont happen to have any neausea pills? (ones the doctor gave you) I had some in the beginning of my pregnancy that just kicked my ass so I didn't take them. At the end however I couldn't sleep so I would take one before I went to bed. Or you could talk to your doctor.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 2:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Do you have a recliner? That always helps me when I can't get comfy in bed. I'm 34 weeks now and so far I can get comfy if I prop myself up with the blankets or sleep in my recliner.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I actually slept in our recliner for months with my daughter's pregnancy. I also put some music on to cover my husbands snoring, since I was sleeping lighter he would wake me up easily. You might ask your doctor too, my friends doctor let her take benadryl before bed to help her sleep. Sorry you're uncomfortable, I hope you find a position that works for you!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• if you want it is safe to take sleeping pills while pregs, i did when i was 34 weeks, same issues. i needed it!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Benadyl is safe and it helps get you sleepy
    Anonymous