How much should a 9 1/2 year old girl weigh?

My daughter weighs 108 lbs. She is 4'5 and is 9 1/2 years old.... I am looking for some kind of pediatrician chart online, but I cant seem to find it...

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2011 in Health

• I never go by the charts because they are cookie cutter stats. My dd is considered overweight but she has a lot of muscle in her legs and arms from playing sports and doing cheerleading. I would ask the pediatrician next time you go in.

Answer by gemgem at 4:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• Don't worry so much about weight. Worry more about health. Is she active? Does she eat right? Or does she sit around doing nothing and eat junk food? As long as she has healthy habits - don't worry about weight. Only time you should worry about it, is if she gains or loses a whole lot for no reason - that's an indicator that something is wrong.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• mine will be 10 in a month, is 4'8" i believe, and about 83 lbs (she was sick for almost a week and lost some, not sure if she lost any more since weighing in on friday). according to the charts our doctor has, she is in the 75th percentile for both height and weight.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 6:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/dnpabmi/

Here's a calculator that may help you. Keep in mind that these aren't always accurate and it's best to check with your doctor.

I, for example, am obese according to the adult BMI, but according to my doctor I am in my ideal range for me. I wear a size 6, I run regularly, I have more muscle mass than the average person my height (so I weigh more) but if I were to lose weight according to these charts I would be very skinny (skin and bones) and unhealthy.

Use them as a guide - not a be-all-end-all
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• Ok the charts says that she is in the 95% percentile or something like that, but what number should she have or is that wrong. I just need a range...
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• Thanks Cassie, that's what I was looking for... I just cant interpret it... I guess that I need to be careful what I am asking for next time huh? LOL.. I was just wondering about a range or something.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• At 108 she is just over the 95% for girls her age.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2011

• SO how much should she weigh? What is the range?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2011